Becoming a Work Site
- CARE Services
- Center for Young Adult Addiction and Recovery
- Cultural and Community Centers
- Health Promotion and Wellness
Strengthen YOUR Organization's Capacity
Does your organization work to eradicate poverty? Could you use a position dedicated to building you organizational capacity, increasing volunteer involvement, or cultivating community partnerships? An AmeriCorps VISTA Member could be the perfect addition to your team!
AmeriCorps VISTA Members work to strengthen organizational capacity at non-profit and public agencies. They serve over 40 hours per week for 12-month periods, VISTA members can provide indirect support in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to, marketing and outreach campaigns, social media growth, grant writing, database creation, and volunteer coordination.
- Recruit, screen, and interview VISTA Members for your position opening
- Assist you in developing work plans and assignment descriptions for your VISTA Members
- Act as a liasion between your organization, VISTA Members, and the Corporation for the National and Community Service (CNCS)
- Provide professional development and training opportunities, including a Pre-Service Orientation, for your VISTA Member
- A project supervisor for the activities for the VISTA Member
- Furnish access to a workstation (individual access to a computer and phone beginning on the first day of service) based on the projects given to your VISTA member
- Clear work plans and assignment descriptions
- Work-based orientation and training regarding your organiation and expectations
- Funds for parking, professional development and training and/or mileage reimbursement for travel related to your projects
At this time, KSU VISTA Network is NOT open for new work site requests.