Student Engagement Data Requests
Strategic Planning, Assessment, and Analysis has been charged with receiving, reviewing, and fulfilling data requests for student engagement data on behalf of the Division of Student Affairs. Requests for student engagement data may be submitted using the online form available below.
Each student engagement data request submitted to SPAA will be reviewed in consideration of:
- Alignment between the purpose of the data request and departmental mission;
- Alignment between the specific data request and the expressed purpose for accessing the data;
- Approval of data request by requester’s next level supervisor; and
- Other requests submitted to SPAA in order to minimize the duplication of efforts across the Division.
SPAA is committed to reviewing and processing requests for student engagement data in a timely manner. SPAA works to process all complete and approved Student Engagement Data Requests within 5-7 business days. SPAA's processing timeline begins once your request has been approved by your Director (if applicable to the request).
Required Materials and Documentation
In order to expedite the processing of student engagement data requests please review the following and gather the necessary materials and documentation required to complete a submission.
In addition to general information about your data needs, you may also need some or all of the following (depending on the scope of your request):
- If your request is associated with an ImproveKSU Outcome, please identify which outcome as this will be required for your submission.
- If your request is associated with an IRB approved research project, please have your IRB number available.
- If you have submitted this request in the past, please locate information on who had previously processed your request.
- A list of individuals who will have access to student-level data (if included in your request).
- If student-level data is included in your request and this is your first Student Engagement
Data Request of the fiscal year, you will need to locate and upload copies of the
- Buckley Form (accessible via UITS Security Forms)
- KSU Information Security Training or USG Cybersecurity Training Certificate of Completion (accessible via your Learning Transcript within OwlTrain).
- If student-level data is included in your request, the request will be routed to your Director via email for review prior to SPAA reviewing your request.
Incomplete submissions will be returned to the requester and will result in a delayed processing time.
SUBMIT A STUDENT ENGAGEMENT DATA REQUEST